Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

gallery, GEDCOM errors, married, Georgian, pop-ups, census assistant, add, theme, illegitimate, follow, custom modules, locked out, Histo, simpl_pages, googlemap. modified, ID notes, default individual, ASSO, event, Favourites, emmigration, marriage, sanity, flags, hover, cousins, census, statistics, version, blocks, CHR, individual resource, sanity checker, contact links, REFN, I18N, stories, place, slideshow, widget, search, Favourites 3.0.0, link, check, 3.2.1, Add a wife, fact, survey, session, help, php 7, progress, button, descendants, bug, Require visitor authentication, configure, tab, performance, new feature

macalter
    macalter
    Participant

536 posts

On that note, I disagree with adding the DOB, moving the user name, and messing with the date in the resource_todo module. Also, the print function might be nice to give a clean printed listing but is it really necessary. The members in the families I track also have many names in common but adding a DOB would just add an unnecessary distraction and not a clarification. If there is any question about who the individual is, simply click on the name and look.

The DOB-DOD is already in the other report so consistency – and again, to make sure it’s the correct person. If I’m looking at report on my iPad, it’s not easy to go back/forth making sure I’m picking the right person. DOB-DO(where known) helps. Actually, even on desktop, it’s preferred over “guess which one”

Why move the user name; the only purpose that I can see is served by the current ability to sort the columns. The date listing has already been addressed.

Again, it’s in the recent_changes test as it’s not the important field. Having the person and details are. In fact “by” is used instead of “username”, shorter.

-----
    Kiwitrees:
    "A-D connections 3.3.0 (rev)"
    PHP 5.6.29 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.0.."
    PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
    mySQL server: 5.1.56
    MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
    Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 10.1.1 (11603.2.5);  Firefox 53.0.2
    [updated: 22 May 2017]