Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

contacts, administration pages, fatal error, login upgrade, cousins, help, REFN, timeout, merge, design, dropbox. token, clippings cart, data errors, CREM, 3.3.0, contact links, inactive, .mo, 2.0, 2.0.2, xmas, follow, html, GEDCOM, dates, transifex, emmigration, Default record, 3.2.2, statistics, reports, road map, stories, mystyle, My Page, 3.2.1, datatables, translate, cookie, Google Maps, users, check, mobile, flags, seo, new feature, locked out, order, fixing errors, watermark, simpl_grey, last change date, census assistant, future, login failure, version, folder, getClientIp, Extra menus, prefix

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1449 posts

Thanks, that’s a great help. Item 2 (and associated item 4) are my main concern.

I’m trying to accommodate both options (date ranges and number of days). The latter is used on the current report version; the former on the block / widget version.
    The default date ranges when you first open the page are the earliest and latest change dates you have in the database (table xx_change).
    I’ve coded it to ignore the dates if you enter a number of days. But if you then want to revert to using dates you need to empty the number of days field at the same time.

I did consider adding a comment between them like “or latest” but that can make translations difficult. I try in general to avoid translating part-sentences as in some languages they no longer make any sense. A graphical separation would be better, but I can’t think of one. Any suggestions welcome. I’ve attached some screen dumps for others reading this who can’t (yet) see a working copy.

Further comments on other items in red…..

1. Initially the option calendars open below the available page size; needs more space. Can you give me a screen shot. I’m not quite sure what you mean by “below the available page size;”

3. The option calendars do not have a save button and it is necessary to click on a day to close. That happens even when only changing a month and/or editing the year. Interesting. That’s true everywhere the calendar pop-up is used. I’m guessing you (like me) rarely use them. The trick is simply to click/press ‘enter” on your keyboard.

5. I could not reproduce it but at one point I had tried several different listing options and the number of days at the top of the actual listing were cumulative indicating the total days of each of the options I had tried. The actual information in the list was correct for the last option set that I had tried. I suspect that is also a cache issue. Shouldn’t be caching, but then it shouldn’t be happening at all. But I can’t reproduce it either. If it happens again try to send me a screen dump.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info