Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

album, media_links, github, sidebar, upgrade, colors, CHR, cousin tab, login upgrade, type, menus, immigration, fancy image bar, getClientIp, feedback, 1939 Register, seo, 3.2.3, tab, lists individuals families, abbreviate, Favourites 3.0.0, cousins, fact, blocks, translation, shared notes, image, bug, pages, button, I18N, backup, release, check, duplicates, dead, ckeditor, flags, Favourites, formatting, random_media, footer, administration pages, last change date, roadmap, emmigration, save settings, logs, F.A.B., PHP, contacts, messaging, edit interface, NCHI, blank screem, webtrees, googlemap, prison, 7.2

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1614 posts

If you ‘enable’ privacy, then it does as the help says – it hides the details of living people – in accordance with your subsequent settings.

If you ‘disable’ privacy, then the details of living people are NOT hidden, regardless of any subsequent / other privacy setting you might try to use. In other words, there is no privacy.

I have living people set to show to visitors already

Really? I’d be surprised if you have. I can’t think of any such setting. Are you confusing it with “Show dead people”, the setting below “Privacy options”.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info