Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

census assistant, backup, messaging, progress, contacts, fancy image bar, click, reports, 1939 Register, Favourites, date, zend, translation, road map, json, lists, 500, 3.0.0. setup, advanced, add, event, clipboard, Require visitor authentication, census, pdf, request, error, simpl_research, emmigration, GEDCOM errors, 3.3.1, illegitimate, partner, CREM, folder, contact links, white screen, defacto, clippings cart, flags, hover, xmas, spouse, MAC, redirect, updates, Georgian, github, message contactform, simpl_grey, BURI, transifex, kiwitrees 2.0.2, editor, place, session, users, webtrees 1.4.4.1, surname, 3.0.0

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1533 posts

There is no logical reason I can imagine for that happening. I’ve certainly never seen it on any device I’ve experienced.

What operating systems and browsers are being used in each example? That information is more useful than the manufacturer info.

The only possible thing I can think of is that JavaScript is used to adjust the dimensions there so that the image, the name area, and the sidebar to the right all adjust to screen width proportionally. Perhaps it is being blocked on the machine with the large gap?

You could use the browsers developer tools / firebug (F12) to see if any errors are reported.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info