Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

spouse, BAPM, research, upgrade, source, census, set link, googlemaps, transifex, messaging, re-order, calendar, .po, custom text, Advanced search, ckeditor, batch update, Extra menus, configure, chart, clipboard, admin, custom modules, timeout, white screen, I18N, merge, name, 500, 3.2.3, 2.0, request, .mo, googlemap, xmas, permissions, shared notes, contact, fancy image bar, shared note, Administration, xenea, mobile, GEDCOM errors, blank screem, data errors, 3.1, save settings, cookie, add_asso_facts, 1939 Register, beta, button, ID notes, Batch Updates, tabs, release, MAC, users, children

Pottsy
    Pottsy
    Participant

51 posts

Even if we were to stick to the GEDCOM data my first thought goes to immigration:

eg: John Henry immigrated to Sydney, Australian on 01 August 1949.

But this would easily transfer to things like christening or burial data.

The idea on the admin selection is to allow admin to select how big the report will end up.  If the report ends up processor hungry he can strip it back to bare bones by only selecting certain gedcom data to be translated into the narrative form.

If we could add the Stories from the story tab the printed form would be a very readable book like format that would be easy to had to other relatives.  The size of the report will depend on the number of generations you choose to include.

I would try as much as possible to imitate the formatting of the story and place it directly under the last paragraph of gedcom info for each individual

1.1  George Wilson Potts, son of George Potts and Elizabeth Wilson, was born on 9 August 1801 in Livingston, Columbia, New York, USA and died on 12 August 1845 in Linlithgo, Columbia, New York, USA at the age of 44. He married 2 times. The 1st time he married Maria Van Hoesen, daughter of Elijah Van Hoesen and Hannah Herdick, on 11 February 1821 in Linlithgo, Columbia, New York, USA. She was born in1801 and died on 6 August 1824 in Livingston, Columbia, New York, USA at the age of 23. The 2nd time he married Elizabeth “Betsey”Spickerman, daughter of Johannes Spickerman and Margaret “Mary” “Maria” Dekker, in 1827 in Linlithgo, Columbia, New York, USA. She was born on 9 March 1800 in Livingston, Columbia, New York, USA and died on 20 December 1876 in Livingston, Columbia, New York, USA at the age of 76.

George Wilson immigrated to Australia …

Story …

I currently have 12 individuals selectable in my Tree View.  I chose root ancestors of my main families.  The ones that I want my visitors to be a part of.