Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

REFN, add, time, bug, hover, statistics, follow, 5.6, tags, pages, events of close relatives, button, datatables, tab, language, My Page, contacts, 3.3.1 Notes, 3.3.0, styles, Export/Import, menus, click, progress, custom modules, login, ID notes, calendar, defacto, server, charts, design, simpl_grey, users, search, sidebar, special character, set link, googlemaps, 1939 Register, Batch Updates, person, ASSO, seo, Favourites, 7.1, administration pages, installation, fixing errors, spam, family fact, repo, partner, relationships, merge, webtrees, Add a wife, Relationship, edit, contact

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1575 posts

“Internal messaging with e-mails” is my default setting for all users. A number of users over the years have specifically requested that their e-mail addresses should not be disclosed and that they wish all contact to be via internal messaging, so I made it my standard approach

I don’t think your standard approach is achieving what you or users think it is, or at least no better than any other option. But I’ll do some testing and summarise the actual behavior of each setting. It’s complex, which is one reason I’d like to simplify it.

Out of interest, how much actual use of internal messaging do you have (messages per day / week / month)?

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info