Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

contact links, add_asso_facts, data errors, colors, prison, title, merge, age, source, tools, immigration, button, sidebar, gettext, colors theme, 3.0.0, language, clippings cart, new feature, reports, follow, Support/Bug Reporting, Extra menus, help, CREM, users, 7.0, version, fancy tree view, custom, 3.3.1 Notes, wish, styles, backup, album, google, date, F.A.B., family fact, not married, contacts, access roles, errors, check, design, xenea, lists individuals families, 3.0.0. setup, individual resource, redirect, Favourites 3.0.0, index, Search and replace, sanity checker, blocks, illegitimate, time, googlemap. modified, session, future

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1575 posts

OK – first, please stop referring back to old versions. They have been changed. Things don’t necessarily work the same any more. Icons remaining in place in old versions is because there was no attempt at introducing responsive menus then. There is / MUST BE, now.

Having the old three columns in a strict table structure is also not responsive. It had to go, as will many more like it over time.

Second – yes “squishing” is most definitely a hack for you only – and it was only one of three options I gave you. The first (a modified style.php file) would be a “design” solution. The third (use the Google maps “Place Check” feature) would be the best (by a very large margin) way to work through editing and improving places. It’s what it was designed for. The place hierarchy was / isn’t designed as an edit tool.

Finally, as I said before “easy to read” is a subjective opinion. It is not one I agree with you on, in this instance. Sorry.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info