Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

7.1, custom, advent, burial, login, 3.0.0, address, Export/Import, contact, .mo, webtrees, Default record, bug, pending, statistics, custom modules, age, image, timeout, wish, transifex, Add a wife, 3.2.1, new feature, cousins, Histo, blank screem, 7.2, set link, administration pages, links, living, xenea, order, custom text, configure, search, Require visitor authentication, ID facts, special character, 3.0.0 widgets, design, CHR, shared notes, message contactform, feedback, tab, research, date, simpl_grey, default individual, request, menu, formatting, duplicates, fancy tree view, re-order, 3.3.2, Extra menus, folder

macalter
    macalter
    Participant

551 posts

I hope to avoid aggravating users 🙂

You’re asking our feedback. So at least we know you’re thinking about us 🙂

The URL gives examples for Windows. Safari and Firefox are the most common for Mac, BUT not all of us are on the latest OS because of $$ to upgrade all our software (and other considerations). Can probably say lots of Windows users too don’t upgrade. Unlike Windows, Mac users cannot upgrade their browser independent of OS. So, I could never be on Safari 8 while running OS 10.7.5.

So, it’s a question if you switch to tabs on Windows (as in this example), what happens to a) Mac users on latest OS or b) users of not-the-latest OS/browser of either platform. Let alone that pesky IE.

(27 inch …. Was way to much extra $$ so settled for 21 – am sorry now; less territory for the two browsers I use at all times; one for kt, other for all research sites)

-----
    Kiwitrees:
    "A-D connections 3.3.1"
    PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
    PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
    mySQL server: 5.1.56
    MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
    Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
    [updated: 07 Oct 2017]