Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

add_asso_facts, cousin tab, redirect, resources, research tasks, progress, 500, xmas, flags, fact, title, blank, login upgrade, Favourites, husband, I18N, simpl_research, age, cousins, date, googlemap, Histo, css, F.A.B., time, hover, simpl_grey, illegitimate, 3.1, merge, partner, request, My Page, styles, ID notes, style, edit, white screen, set link, 3.3.1, shared note, ASSO, survey, editor, spouse, chart, married, access roles, session, gettext, kiwitrees, beta, php 7, inactive, media, admin, internal messaging, media_links, 3.2.2, dead

pab
    pab
    Participant

109 posts

I regularly have more than one popup on the screen like the scenarios you mention. At the moment it is ‘shared note and census assistant’: I have three tabs (kt, ancestry, wikipedia) and two popups using alt-tab to cycle through the options. Usually only 1 alt-tab is needed to take me to the correct window. I transcribe into the census assistant window a family of 12 souls from the ancestry page underneath – I pity the poor fool who would try to do this on his mobile phone … and am (slightly) concerned about developers developing for/on 27″ screens!! I have a 15″ laptop running linux mint and have got used to the popup frustrations … I just worry I will get MORE frustrated with the alternative?

Paul

Penguins Are Boss

Apache 2.4.33; MariaDB 10.2.14; PHP 7.2.4 (display_errors Disabled)

https://bootesgowland.info