Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

seo, styles, MYSQL, media, design, CREM, release, inactive, 3.1, 3.1.1, tabs, html, survey, dates, birth, message contactform, type, colors theme, widget, notes, descendant, GEDCOM, 3.3.0, living, family, research tasks, logs, research, performance, 3.2.3, errors, simpl_research, white screen, .mo, not married, 3.0.0 widgets, pop-ups, menus, 3.2.0, person, Canada, responsive menus, immigration, timeout, webtrees, fancy tree view, pending, edit interface, prefix, census, clipboard, session, editor, husband, title, events of close relatives, simpl_grey, users, save settings, button

pab
    pab
    Participant

135 posts

I regularly have more than one popup on the screen like the scenarios you mention. At the moment it is ‘shared note and census assistant’: I have three tabs (kt, ancestry, wikipedia) and two popups using alt-tab to cycle through the options. Usually only 1 alt-tab is needed to take me to the correct window. I transcribe into the census assistant window a family of 12 souls from the ancestry page underneath – I pity the poor fool who would try to do this on his mobile phone … and am (slightly) concerned about developers developing for/on 27″ screens!! I have a 15″ laptop running linux mint and have got used to the popup frustrations … I just worry I will get MORE frustrated with the alternative?

Paul

Penguins Are Boss

Apache 2.4.25; MariaDB 10.1.22; PHP 7.0.18

http://bootesgowland.info