Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

person, random_media, spouse, spam, chart, married, Administration, re-order, survey, kiwitrees theme, logout, xenea, media_links, not married, GEDCOM, contact links, illegitimate, abbreviate, php 5.6, simpl_grey, road map, kiwitrees-nova, updates, request, sanity, individual resource, immigration, MYSQL, flags, zend, CHR, kiwitrees, special character, relationships, source, tools, mystyle, event, set link, merge, 3.2.1, My Page, bug reporting, search, error, access roles, add_asso_facts, ID notes, permissions, folder, Batch Updates, ASSO, CREM, resources, calendar.php issue, sanity checker, pages, configure, autocomplete, edit

Roy
    Roy
    Participant

110 posts

Nigel:

Replacing the editing pop-up’s with tabs does have some benefits. However, I often find myself having to refer to the main screen as I edit. (Getting old and my memory isn’t what it used to be). To accomplish this in the proposal two additional steps would be necessary; pull the edit tab off into a new window and then resize it. Probably would still have to scroll the new resized window.

Less common, I occasionally have 2 editing pop-ups open at the same time. That would double the additional steps.

For me, scrolling a pop-up is preferable to the nuisance of having to manage the tab/new window. I could, however, live with the change. It wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me; just an aggravation.

Roy

Roy

Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8