Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

repo, Fancy imagebar, descendant, button, road map, validation, hover, GEDCOM, ckeditor, research tasks, ID facts, reports, Support/Bug Reporting, ID notes, configure, error, F.A.B., request, white screen, family fact, mobile, watermark, progress, php 5.6, immigration, 7.2, ADDR, close, theme, clipboard, language, chart, Default record, users, inactive, person, add_asso_facts, logout, REFN, census, relationships, CREM, wish, 3.3.2, json, sidebar, 3.0.0, message contactform, errors, notes, default individual, webtrees 1.4.4.1, HTML block, simpl_pages, fact, address, footer, 3.2.1, special character, edit

Roy
    Roy
    Participant

122 posts

Nigel:

Replacing the editing pop-up’s with tabs does have some benefits. However, I often find myself having to refer to the main screen as I edit. (Getting old and my memory isn’t what it used to be). To accomplish this in the proposal two additional steps would be necessary; pull the edit tab off into a new window and then resize it. Probably would still have to scroll the new resized window.

Less common, I occasionally have 2 editing pop-ups open at the same time. That would double the additional steps.

For me, scrolling a pop-up is preferable to the nuisance of having to manage the tab/new window. I could, however, live with the change. It wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me; just an aggravation.

Roy

Roy

Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8