Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

resources, census assistant, locked out, validation, fatal error, flags, family, CHR, pop-ups, icons, ID facts, prefix, permissions, time, session, xenea, Add a wife, notes, person, error, Default record, My Page, dead, administration pages, transifex, places, login, dropbox. token, clipboard, close, privacy, links, access level, beta, Search and replace, margin, re-order, version, married, .mo, calendar, footer, data errors, duplicates, 3.2.1, Histo, road map, zend, HTML block, ASSO, widget, googlemaps, blank screem, contacts, request, bug reporting, progress, repo, edit interface, 1939 Register

macalter
    macalter
    Participant

462 posts

My preference is the pop-up window, even with ability of opening a link in new window or detaching a tab.

The size of a pop-up is different than a window and that’s important factor. Resizing a window isn’t the same and would be a distraction to editing. And as you mention, moving it around which I do A LOT.

Scrolling vertical isn’t that much a problem if data is consistently and logically placed when initially entering and subsequently editing. And, for each of the events. Currently, they’re not but that’s a carry over from long ago too.

-----
    [updated: 01 Apr 2018]
    MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
    Safari  11.1;  Firefox 59.0.2

PHP 7.1 Fast CGI
    mySQL server: 5.1.56

Kiwitrees:
    "The Royals 3.3.3 (03)" <royals.rbcsolutions.ca>

"Rebbes of Ger 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

"Uncle Ummie's Journal 3.3.3 (03)" <private>