Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

ckeditor, watermark, name, 3.3.1 Notes, descendant, cousins, ID notes, I18N, menu, xenea, themes, tabs, Relationship, fancy tree view, dropbox. token, not married, Favourites 3.0.0, Administration, time, spam, GEDCOM errors, Add a wife, hover, shared note, media_links, transifex, Support/Bug Reporting, MYSQL, title, source, 7.2, googlemaps, release, clipboard, simpl_research, order, add missing death, edit menu, place, calendar.php issue, danish, translate, F.A.B., custom text, zend, language, bug, REFN, emmigration, spouse, census assistant, xmas, roadmap, Search and replace, locked out, family facts, contacts, icons, Batch Updates, FAQ

Roy
    Roy
    Participant

122 posts

Nigel:

The move to a more mobile friendly kiwitrees is probably necessary. I just hope all the hard work you have done does not get destroyed in the process. I have seen several commercial sites that have gone down this road with disastrous results.

Many of the conversions that I have seen resulted in a big user mess. Simple navigation clicks turning into multiple clicks to accomplish the same thing. Content that should be entirely on a single screen requiring several screens. As often as not, even the intended results were not accomplished. In most cases two distinct sites driven by a single content database would have resulted in a better solution.

While I use a tablet and a IPOD Touch, I cannot think of a single reason for my using them as my primary genealogy tool. I might use them to show a casual contact some genealogy data but the power of the current kiwitrees is not necessary for that.

Roy

Roy

Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8