Kiwitrees on Twitter

follow, Georgian, family fact, F.A.B., progress, dropbox. token, kiwitrees-nova, name, edit menu, BURI, backup, pop-ups, users, special character, inactive, error, prison, permissions, gettext, 3.2.2, menus, dates, person, marriage, logs, REFN, survey, prefix, colors theme, edit, ckeditor, repo, add_asso_facts, updates, white screen, descendant, responsive menus, json, close, library, Require visitor authentication, simpl_pages, future, help, emigration, 3.1, notes, time, blank screem, session, events of close relatives, github, editor, ID facts, burial, latest version, 3.1.1, login, custom text, privacy

110 posts

The move to a more mobile friendly kiwitrees is probably necessary. I just hope all the hard work you have done does not get destroyed in the process. I have seen several commercial sites that have gone down this road with disastrous results.

Many of the conversions that I have seen resulted in a big user mess. Simple navigation clicks turning into multiple clicks to accomplish the same thing. Content that should be entirely on a single screen requiring several screens. As often as not, even the intended results were not accomplished. In most cases two distinct sites driven by a single content database would have resulted in a better solution.

While I use a tablet and a IPOD Touch, I cannot think of a single reason for my using them as my primary genealogy tool. I might use them to show a casual contact some genealogy data but the power of the current kiwitrees is not necessary for that.

Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8