Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

2.0, cousins, advent, GEDCOM, 3.0.0, custom text, icons, 500, ID facts, person, bug reporting, getClientIp, illegitimate, CHR, close, 3.2.2, clippings cart, census assistant, Extra menus, MYSQL, My Page, research, I18N, living, webtrees 1.4.4.1, translate, privacy, last change date, upgrade, Export/Import, watermark, googlemap. modified, Administration, html, road map, cousin tab, Favourites 3.0.0, FAQ, blank screem, login failure, colors, MAC, errors, multiple marriages, Default record, spouse, googlemaps, partner, dates, access roles, calendar, Require visitor authentication, 3.2.1, error, cookie, timeout, image, admin, configure, contact

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1533 posts

It would be possible, but not worthwhile in my view.

Checking for duplicates will always be a futile exercise with poorly structured data so until you have been able to set your data up I cannot recommend you use the tool. Surely it makes more sense to tidy up what you have before entering more?

Your comment “My edit records do not include Prince/Pricess for prime name. I added those as additional 1 NAME.” is irrelevant. ALL names are checked, not just the prime name. I think that’s a logical thing to do. But regardless of what name you put it in, it should never be a GIVN name part. It is a name prefix.

I thought about including dates in the match, but again, data availability can be very unreliable (I just read a discussion from someone on the webtrees forum campaigning to be able to enter dates with no year – like “23 March”!!). It would also require you to add more information to the new person before you run the duplicate check, which is a waste of time if that person already exists.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info