Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

defacto, simpl_grey, pdf, colors theme, date, language, php 5.6, spam, googlemap, close, charts, prison, 3.0.0. setup, 500, getClientIp, family, shared note, MYSQL, wish, slideshow, cookie, children, 3.1, contacts, responsive menus, watermark, MAC, Support/Bug Reporting, icons, BAPM, add_asso_facts, php 7, research, ckeditor, block, xenea, title, birth, widget, pop-ups, Google Maps, type, editor, footer, follow, configure, individual resource, fancy image bar, Fancy imagebar, descendants, login failure, Extra menus, merge, prefix, datatables, updates, performance, fixing errors, edit, family fact

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1533 posts

I’ve been able to identify the problem and fix it now. It was , as you say, incorrectly submitting the new entry as soon as you clicked the “Check” button. I have also added a small piece of text to better explain the use of the duplicates.

So now, if you click “Check”:
    1 – The “Possible duplicates” window opens (leaving the original “add new individual” window also open)
    2 – If there are any possible duplicates they will be listed there together with this text:

These individuals might be duplicates of your new entry. Click on a name to open a new tab at their page to view more details.
    Close this window and the Add new individual window if you do not want to complete this addition.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info