Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

version, server, tabs, calendar, special character, image, family, illegitimate, future, re-order, folder, address, close, message contactform, add_asso_facts, defacto, menus, events of close relatives, Administration, order, type, Fancy imagebar, Favourites, request, fancy tree view, save settings, configure, census, performance, php 5.6, road map, 3.0.0 widgets, IE problem, messaging, album, privacy, last change date, tools, session, MAC, 3.1.1, style, Georgian, inactive, click, updates, living, access level, timeout, descendant, Add a wife, custom, lists individuals families, sidebar, library, contacts, follow, advanced, wish, calendar.php issue

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1533 posts

OK, I can reproduce what is happing, but only by editing something on the child’s page on their F & E tab, such as a birth event.

So the cause is simple, and I’m afraid unavoidable at the moment. The only way for the system to remember the tab you were using is by storing a temporary session variable containing the tab number. That is stored fresh each time you visit a different tab, but otherwise remains fixed for the session (i,e, until you logout or close the browser app completely. By visiting the child’s F&P tab you have reset that cookie to that new tab.

When you close just one window, the cookie remains, so refreshing the parent’s page reads that cookie and opens at the newly stored F&P page reference.

To confirm this do the same thing but on the Child’s new window edit their name instead. That doesn’t require changing the tab. This time after you close the saved edit that window, return to the parent and refresh. Now it will stay on the Families tab.

There is a fairly new alternative session protocol that I will look into though. It might solve this problem, but I need to check it doesn’t just create new ones.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info