Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

research, lists individuals families, dead, order, re-order, not married, latest version, defacto, road map, research tasks, simpl_research, installation, nickname, merge, 3.0.0 widgets, locked out, events of close relatives, danish, Histo, fancy image bar, media, illegitimate, contact links, github, zend, album, add, FAQ, descendants, redirect, translate, datatables, logs, last change date, validation, census, server, relationships, husband, ckeditor, pop-ups, event, data errors, spouse, roadmap, login, custom, Default record, 3.3.1, IE11, kiwitrees 2.0.2, icons, custom modules, php 7, error, 3.0.0, cousins, F.A.B., family fact, margin

Roy
    Roy
    Participant

107 posts

Nigel:

Because of the nature of my sites, even casual visitors pretty much arrive by invitation and know how to contact me. I can see, however, one benefit of the contacts being moved to a menu item. I would think that people discovering and using that location for the contacts would be likely to be more serious about making contact. The rest wouldn’t bother.

One issue, the growing number of possible menu items available is going to become a bit much for phone and tablet users. While that is a physical hardware issue, even a PC user might be overwhelmed by the choices. Some of the menu items may have to be consolidated/stacked. I am not a big fan of that but it may have to be done. I prefer simplicity and do not like opening a menu just to find another one. Reminds me of really bad telephone systems.

Roy