Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

styles, 3.2.0, login failure, event, Require visitor authentication, Default record, IE problem, googlemap. modified, fixing errors, dead, margin, set link, server, session, cousin tab, reports, backup, Advanced search, performance, clippings cart, login, name, data errors, immigration, ID notes, Administration, progress, FAQ, editor, custom text, lists individuals families, add, colors, BURI, request, GEDCOM, fatal error, duplicates, family facts, admin, custom, 3.3.1, calendar, release, webtrees 1.4.4.1, My Page, 3.3.1 Notes, danish, sanity checker, tags, statistics, github, click, zend, translate, title, image, time, prefix, spam

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1545 posts

Hi, and Happy New Year to you too. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have taken some time off (The whole of January) from other projects so as to focus on getting 3.0.0 release. I am aiming to have it done in that time.

Regarding OCCU, I guess ultimately it is simply your personal choice. But for what it is worth I think the answer is you add it per person. My reasoning is that a “family business” is not an OCCUpation. It is a business, or a legal entity. If in doubt I always refer back to the GEDCOM standard definitions and usage. That gives two definitions of OCCU:

The kind of activity that an individual does for a job, profession, or principal activity

The type of work or profession of an individual

Both say much the same, and importantly describe it as a kind of or type of activity rather than where or who they work for.

The full structure includes the sub-tag AGNC (agency) That is where you would normally add the name of the business they were employed in to carry out their occupation. That is where I would enter the name of the family business.

To give a more factual example, John Smith might have an OCCU of “Carpenter”, with an AGNC of “J Smith & Sons, Carpenters”.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info