Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

abbreviate, road map, wish, kiwitrees-nova, event, Administration, permissions, shared note, fancy tree view, edit interface, danish, spouse, pdf, GEDCOM, configure, margin, privacy, theme, 3.0.0 widgets, places, nickname, cousin tab, sanity checker, Themes change, sanity, partner, Advanced search, clippings cart, PHP, feedback, MYSQL, title, access level, Batch Updates, Add a wife, bug, Georgian, kiwitrees, simpl_pages, 2.0.2, Export/Import, ID facts, resources, BURI, language, Google Maps, multiple marriages, icons, Favourites 3.0.0, add missing death, descendant, 3.1, Histo, mystyle, php 5.6, prison, request, BAPM, admin, watermark

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1636 posts

Thank you. With a full explanation I can now understand the problem.

I make a html item calling: welcome to my genalogy with access: public

You put this on the Home page? Please confirm.

I make a html item calling: remember at the archive with access: admin

You put this on you “My page”? Please confirm.

If you use these as described above then no further access control is required. Any block on the Home page will always be public. Any block on “My page” will always be private and visible only to only you.

The same rule will apply when I remove “My page”from the system as it will be replaced with something similar like the sidebar we have already discussed. (I have experimented with that idea and think it can work very well).

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info