Search
Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

batch update, Php 7.1, IE problem, block, zend, places, My Page, Extra menus, IE11, watermark, backup, 2.0.2, Advanced search, MYSQL, BURI, 2.0, theme, research, administration pages, DSGVO, formatting, help, beta, button, road map, access roles, census assistant, flags, server, 7.0, lists, order, gender change, chart, married, 5.6, configure, charts, CREM, danish, version, set link, type, seo, multiple marriages, error, 3.1.1, Search and replace, person, add, tree, blocks, white screen, errors, simpl_grey, illegitimate, add missing death, custom modules, PHP, last change date

jacoline
    Participant

456 posts

True and yes I did noticed the earlier suggestion – but read it as you would put it on as a frame.

I was thinking about having it as a kind of menu (textbar) sorted of self-defined html, to-do – task – journal or w/e users put in their “my page”. Editing their profile also one that could be there! And when you click at this textbar – it will open a frame upon the page (a bit like pop-up and not a pop-up). And this menu-bar only viewing like this mouse-attention (forgot what it is called excactly)

Do you remember the old pgv-theme where the design had oak tree as color? That dev. made a sidebar a bit like this! It was not great – but your version will be 🙂

But the easy way could just be to have access rules for the blocks/frames we use (journal-todo-html blocks ect) and we can just put it on main page and remove “my page” completely. And ex. at the edit mode – having this view setup – view page as member/visitor (like editing a normally homepage – where you have the option to view what you just added/edited). If we can do that – then we can have mainpage when logged on only showing the user defined blocks/frames (if any are made).

Well this is just some ideas – your way perhabs the best solution 🙂

Regards,
    Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
    www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook