Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

repo, places, image, white screen, custom, hover, simpl_grey, access roles, googlemaps, library, 3.1.1, .mo, GEDCOM errors, married, future, place, kiwitrees theme, login failure, 1939 Register, Export/Import, installation, family, danish, burial, My Page, notes, spouse, duplicates, multiple marriages, gender change, pop-ups, clipboard, edit, time, fact, click, close, autocomplete, events of close relatives, shared note, media, latest version, cookie, GEDCOM, calendar, icons, Batch Updates, advanced, 3.0.0 widgets, index, fancy tree view, emigration, access level, slideshow, charts, contacts, cousin tab, bug, living, check

macalter
    macalter
    Participant

462 posts

If it’s then working as you expect, that’s fine. Just something in back of my mind thought that was how to “lock” NAME when editing GIVEN.

Sometimes I add GIVEN name variations where the person is never known by the other name but it’s recorded. In the given example, “Someone” added Sarah, possibly when she did the delayed registration herself 75 years after her birth. I’ve not come across anything else referencing that name.

Just reviewing the stuff I found on ancestry.ca over the long weekend and it’s amazing how many inaccuracies there are probably due to language barriers and one/both parents being illiterate in English.

-----
    [updated: 01 Apr 2018]
    MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
    Safari  11.1;  Firefox 59.0.2

PHP 7.1 Fast CGI
    mySQL server: 5.1.56

Kiwitrees:
    "The Royals 3.3.3 (03)" <royals.rbcsolutions.ca>

"Rebbes of Ger 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

"Uncle Ummie's Journal 3.3.3 (03)" <private>