Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

zend, spouse, follow, Themes change, footer, logout, colors theme, Histo, abbreviate, add missing death, BURI, theme, themes, BAPM, multiple marriages, editor, emmigration, image, custom text, My Page, 3.2.2, source, merge, 3.0.0 widgets, administration pages, prefix, emigration, album, partner, colors, widget, style, lists, media, tools, Google Maps, xmas, road map, charts, Favourites 3.0.0, Batch Updates, order, ID notes, 2.0, custom, folder, MYSQL, tab, styles, xenea, CREM, relationships, click, beta, fixing errors, datatables, prison, edit, place, validation

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1636 posts

My recollection is slightly different, plus logic tells me what you describe would never be possible.

I “think” it works the other way round. Once you have created the NANE entry by entering a GIVN and a SURN, you can edit that NAME without it changing the GIVN or SURN. But if you edit either GIVN or SURN directly they will re-write the NAME which you will need to edit again.

So the work flow must always be to set the GIVN and SURN first, then you can alter the NAME.

However I rarely use that feature so I am happy to be corrected, and to look at the code (current and some earlier variants) to see if anything has changed.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info