Search
Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

image, edit, 7.1, googlemap. modified, last change date, children, cousins, library, duplicates, fatal error, date, installation, kiwitrees 2.0.2, census assistant, Georgian, 5.6, re-order, tab, updates, survey, bug, menu, pages, advent, locked out, person, reports, custom, sanity checker, calendar, missing data, lists, notes, HTML variables, Search and replace, index, media, husband, privacy, MAC, validation, login failure, time, 3.3.0, message contactform, random_media, immigration, calendar.php issue, blocks, descendants, support, 3.2.0, seo, CHR, Support/Bug Reporting, design, themes, pop-ups, surname, kiwitrees theme

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1669 posts

Nope – having 3 files in thumb – same size 6.294 kb

I email you access

Thanks you. Logged in I see all the images. The album page for I57 loaded in less than 10 secs. A page with that many items will never be super-fast, but I cannot explain why you reported more than 20secs.

However, the problem is sort-of related to the video. It uses an icon for a thumbnail. That is stored on a larger image called “icon_sprite_mime.png” . It holds a lot of icons in one image so is much larger than a simple thumbnail. BUT it should load very fast because your server should cache it. But I see that your server is not set up to use caching. You should talk to your web host about that. It can make a huge difference to page load speed, and kiwitrees is designed to use it. They should be able to change settings to use caching of images and css.

For example – loading the icon image from your server takes over 800 millisecs. On my server it takes 13 millisecs from cache!

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info