Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

new feature, language, mobile, message contactform, partner, block, blocks, performance, married, 3.0.0. setup, locked out, marriage, Favourites, menu, 5.6, Georgian, support, kiwitrees theme, .mo, prison, road map, age, research, login failure, flags, timeout, editor, folder, add_asso_facts, googlemaps, version, gender change, shared note, check, MAC, login, privacy, styles, admin, bug reporting, html, 1939 Register, type, access roles, translation, progress, follow, Support/Bug Reporting, surname, 3.3.3, MYSQL, kiwitrees-nova, contact links, spouse, error, merge, sanity, 2.0.2, cousin tab, relationships

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1636 posts

Nope – having 3 files in thumb – same size 6.294 kb

I email you access

Thanks you. Logged in I see all the images. The album page for I57 loaded in less than 10 secs. A page with that many items will never be super-fast, but I cannot explain why you reported more than 20secs.

However, the problem is sort-of related to the video. It uses an icon for a thumbnail. That is stored on a larger image called “icon_sprite_mime.png” . It holds a lot of icons in one image so is much larger than a simple thumbnail. BUT it should load very fast because your server should cache it. But I see that your server is not set up to use caching. You should talk to your web host about that. It can make a huge difference to page load speed, and kiwitrees is designed to use it. They should be able to change settings to use caching of images and css.

For example – loading the icon image from your server takes over 800 millisecs. On my server it takes 13 millisecs from cache!

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info