Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

sidebar, advent, fancy image bar, login upgrade, hover, click, googlemap. modified, menu, immigration, F.A.B., internal messaging, duplicates, cookie, cousins, webtrees 1.4.4.1, xmas, MYSQL, server, googlemap, NCHI, simpl_research, timeout, blank screem, BAPM, type, Require visitor authentication, 3.3.1, cousin tab, configure, ADDR, users, abbreviate, colors theme, googlemaps, add missing death, 2.0.2, edit menu, dates, pending, bug, set link, name, contact, events of close relatives, descendant, 3.2.1, php 7, dead, children, help, family, inactive, nickname, sanity, 3.3.0, BURI, ckeditor, Histo, index, updates

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1545 posts

๐Ÿ™‚ I could not agree more! ๐Ÿ™‚ That is “like music to my ears” (hope that translates OK for you…..)

I tried very hard in the past to have such an idea accepted but was never allowed to do it. On my site if you look at any charts it always shows the “compact” view by default – http://our-families.info/pedigree.php?rootid=I5466&ged=Osborne.ged.

Perhaps, for the family page (for now) we could use a design based this:
    proposed new box
    (no need to guess where that came from ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Not so sure about Country should only be there if the country is different from language. Things that show for some people and not others are messy to design because space must always be allowed. I prefer either no place ever, or just country (or whatever the final part of PLAC tag is).

Names must also be abbreviated as some are very long. This is already done in the existing “compact” view.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info