Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

white screen, modules, block, GEDCOM errors, translation, special character, kiwitrees, timeout, source, person, php 5.6, BAPM, administration pages, marriages, missing data, message contactform, Google Maps, advanced, census, access roles, blank screem, search, survey, F.A.B., Histo, statistics, mail, danish, ID facts, index, merge, 500, login, pages, kiwitrees theme, surname, FAQ, dates, zend, descendant, 3.2.2, emmigration, library, date, configure, style, gettext, set link, gallery, check, contact links, custom, Export/Import, notes, fancy image bar, random_media, click, not married, custom modules, mobile

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1449 posts

Hi Hjord, welcome to kiwitrees. Thanks for the reminder about the support link. I will get that fixed.

In webtrees there is the “Require visitor authentication” option.
    I can’t seem to find it in kiwitrees?

I’m afraid you won’t find it in kiwitrees. I removed it a couple of versions ago. It was always more trouble than it was worth to maintain, and rarely used except by users who do not realise the many alternative settings that more than adequately protect privacy.

If you really want a web site that is not accessible by casual visitors it is better (IMHO) to use a private server, or protect the entire system with server-based password controls which your web-host should help you create.

It is not a feature I will be adding back at any time.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info