Kiwitrees on Twitter

PHP, white screen, IE11, kiwitrees theme, Favourites 3.0.0, burial, theme, icons, translate, tab, NCHI, emigration, menu, version, Extra menus, duplicates, folder, Require visitor authentication, fancy tree view, statistics, footer, 3.0.0. setup, living, webtrees, new feature, Batch Updates, validation, set link, tools, events of close relatives, ID facts, 3.3.3, merge, search, login failure, BURI, Histo, dead, last change date, html, places, watermark, editor, 3.3.1, 2.0.2, php 7, date, relationships, age, descendant, ckeditor, googlemap, sidebar, simpl_pages, not married, Add a wife, styles, Advanced search, locked out, family

110 posts

Thanks for your efforts at improving this software. It is most appreciated. Here are my initial thoughts about yur proposed road map.

Short term
    Stories Module – proposed changes would make the module more useful, especially linking a story to more than one individual – great idea!
    CKEditor – sounds good to me.
    Redesign family page layout – I would need to see an example before rendering an opinion.
    Move more add-ons into core code – makes sense to me. Simplifies updating installations.
    Album tab – Not a big need for me, but I can see that it would be a good idea.

Medium term
    Import / upload option to append GEDCOM file to existing. – Might covert many webtrees users to kiwitrees. It would make my life easier. Would have to rethink how I do things and will be most happy to adapt!
    Remove My Page and instead go direct to the user’s individual page on login. – Not too sure about this one. When I moved to webtrees the Home Page / My Page had both my registered users and I confused. Today, there is no more confusion. I use the My Page to force feed some info to the registered users that I wouldn’t want on the Home Page. If this happens there are some blocks that could go with it; Messages, Journal, and some others. I have no idea how I would put them to use otherwise. I guess if after log in the Home Page could reconfigure, they would still be useful. The more I think about it, the more I would retain My Page but add some administration options at the expense of registered users options. Removing My Page makes sense for a public website but not so such for a restricted researchers website.
    Remove media tab (keep album tab only) – OK with me, I only use the album tab.

Long term
    Start replacing all “Reports” with better versions that are designed first………. – Reports need updating and if this change becomes the vehicle, I endorse it. For my users and I, any change has to include the ability to print. If the produced report format is suitable for normal printing, browser or pdf, it will pose no problem for us.

These are just one guy’s thoughts. Thanks again

Roy Evans

Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8