Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

close, widget, ID notes, Batch Updates, index, illegitimate, custom modules, resources, shared notes, emmigration, Favourites 3.0.0, add, message contactform, timeout, margin, burial, descendant, defacto, wish, FAQ, order, contact links, clipboard, contacts, multiple marriages, Relationship, links, contact, BURI, events of close relatives, person, title, survey, tools, sanity checker, github, datatables, theme, google, xmas, type, re-order, husband, translation, edit, folder, family fact, album, road map, search, release, kiwitrees, family, MAC, last change date, save settings, .po, dropbox. token, Extra menus, sanity

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1545 posts

I understand that. But why rely on “Todays events”? The “Upcoming events” block is to designed better for that, to give you advanced notice – not just today. Surely easier to make a habit of logging in to your site at least (say) once every week. Take a note of things like your nieces birthday and then use a tool like “Outlook” or whatever mail software you prefer to do what it does best.

You can even (in Outlook) prepare an email to be sent on a specified date/time. So much more powerful than anything any family history software could do.

I’m a great believer in using the right tool for the job.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info