Search
Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

slideshow, prefix, road map, Advanced search, sanity, 3.0.0, Fancy imagebar, .po, duplicates, husband, version, add, cookie, future, notes, HTML block, married, icons, date, Export/Import, repo, kiwitrees 2.0.2, last change date, 3.0.0 widgets, html, research tasks, surname, xmas, timeout, Favourites 3.0.0, 3.3.1, CREM, simpl_grey, colors theme, menu, Add a wife, session, abbreviate, name, set link, new feature, album, wish, simpl_research, internal messaging, places, blank, edit, widget, IE11, merge, divorce, feedback, Google Maps, DSGVO, googlemaps, googlemap. modified, cousin tab, 3.2.1, REFN

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1654 posts

I understand that. But why rely on “Todays events”? The “Upcoming events” block is to designed better for that, to give you advanced notice – not just today. Surely easier to make a habit of logging in to your site at least (say) once every week. Take a note of things like your nieces birthday and then use a tool like “Outlook” or whatever mail software you prefer to do what it does best.

You can even (in Outlook) prepare an email to be sent on a specified date/time. So much more powerful than anything any family history software could do.

I’m a great believer in using the right tool for the job.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info