Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

widget, sanity, 500, formatting, 3.3.1 Notes, family fact, responsive menus, check, validation, googlemap, resources, edit, ADDR, contact links, date, theme, emigration, married, installation, zend, github, children, research tasks, emmigration, errors, getClientIp, add missing death, set link, source, BURI, users, fancy image bar, admin, style, defacto, footer, configure, burial, timeout, 3.3.1, family facts, 3.2.3, icons, Histo, edit interface, login failure, click, duplicates, lists, research, themes, custom, tab, GEDCOM errors, inactive, descendant, future, calendar, edit menu, login

phred
    Participant

3 posts

As for census – I don’t understand your issue. What’s wrong with the table layout of the Census Assistant we already have?

Probably not much and perhaps a better way to go. I’ll look more closely at census assistant.

For every census citation in addition to the census image, relevant place roll page etc info I also copy and save (copy/paste from the browser window) the transcribed index data items as displayed from the search. The resulting text file can easily be parsed yielding tag/data pairs for the items transcribed for a particular census. So I automatically have column headings and data for a shared census note – not much additional work to add markdown when the conversion code creates the shared note. To use census assistant I just probably need to map the tag/data pairs for each census into ca’s csv type format.

BTW, I want aggregated census shared notes based on census page, or perhaps a group of consecutive pages. Neighbors have proven to be an invaluable source of clues/information particularly on difficult individuals. The conversion code can pretty easily do the page grouping either based on citation page/roll/image etc or what’s even better in my case is to look for a common file name on the attached obje – the files are all named with census/roll/page.