Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

CHR, set link, not married, descendant, event, clippings cart, ckeditor, multiple marriages, latest version, logs, xenea, I18N, BAPM, BURI, My Page, fancy tree view, batch update, pop-ups, mobile, inactive, progress, Default record, custom modules, merge, simpl_research, messaging, wish, GEDCOM errors, date, abbreviate, bug reporting, menu, emigration, NCHI, configure, flags, styles, Georgian, fancy image bar, emmigration, duplicates, CREM, Batch Updates, dead, footer, husband, add_asso_facts, links, simpl_pages, 3.2.0, access level, library, gettext, github, index, marriage, media_links, php 5.6, custom, tab

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1545 posts

I’m waiting to see how Greg implements it.

Could be OK or a complete disaster. If he tries to include it in modules like Stories, or FAQs it will be useless. They currently are able to include tables, images, and even javascript (I use that a lot to generate tabbed pages within a single “stories” page).

As for census – I don’t understand your issue. What’s wrong with the table layout of the Census Assistant we already have? That’s highly automated and extremely simple to use once you get used to it. If you allow free-form table entry on a site with multiple users – (like Stephen’s 100+ active users) how would you maintain a standard format?

How useful it is to the wider user-base will also depend how good any WYSIWYG editor it uses is. Traditionally markdown has tended to be more for “geeks” happy to type asterix, dashes and underscores for formatting. My grannie won’t want any of that, but she can use a WYSIWYG editor OK.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info