Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

internal messaging, ID notes, xenea, error, clipboard, places, updates, media, kiwitrees theme, html, person, logs, simpl_pages, bug reporting, pop-ups, address, Require visitor authentication, prison, autocomplete, css, Add a wife, menu, Favourites 3.0.0, message contactform, locked out, survey, block, fancy tree view, children, php 7, special character, media_links, Administration, Support/Bug Reporting, 3.2.2, tabs, add missing death, tab, sidebar, index, research, ID facts, logout, prefix, relationships, latest version, seo, blocks, hover, white screen, tools, googlemap, googlemaps, php 5.6, CHR, BURI, check, husband, census, googlemap. modified

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1545 posts

is there more hope if I put that on the kiwi wishlist?

Possibly, but it it really necessary? Personally if I’m going to the trouble of adding media objects I want visitors to see them. So I add them to the event, not hidden inside a source reference.

Also, if you take a slightly complex GEDCOM snippet such as:

1 BIRT
    2 DATE 11 OCT 1871
    2 PLAC Sevenoaks, Kent, England
    2 ADDR Shambles
    2 OBJE @M561@
    2 SOUR @S67@
    3 DATA
    4 TEXT This is source text (DATA.TEXT tag)
    3 PAGE This is a source citation (PAGE tag)
    3 OBJE @M221@

Looking at the GUI, how would an editor know if a media object was part of the event, or part of the source?

If there was no media object present, how would he know how to add it to a source and not to the event? Where would you put the new “Add object” link?

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info