Search
Forums
Tags

sanity, login upgrade, media_links, illegitimate, clipboard, simpl_research, fact, danish, date, widget, visitor, server, Support/Bug Reporting, errors, Themes change, MAC, not married, version, theme, partner, 3.2.3, xmas, places, roadmap, close, merge, REFN, 2.0, latest, ckeditor, DIV, road map, margin, 3.3.6, nickname, calendar, 3.0.0. setup, Favourites, spam, login failure, 3.3.1, seo, source, lists individuals families, fancy image bar, research tasks, permissions, abbreviate, Add a wife, MYSQL, family, 3.1, married, SUBM, GEDCOM, living, bug reporting, emmigration, advent, sidebar

Kiwitrees on Twitter
    clandavclandav
    Participant

170 posts

Does anyone deliberately use the “show to visitors” setting anywhere?

Yes – I use it extensively – in Admin-Modules- Blocks, Charts, Lists, Reports, Menus .. etc to mean ‘ Show to anyone who accesses the site’ (I have to admit that I had never realised that a ‘visitor’ was a category of registered user but treated the term to mean ‘casual Internet browser’). I have just logged out and checked a few things which are set up as ‘show to visitor’ e.g. sidebar sections, and they are visible to me as a non-logged in user, as intended. However, if you act as I believe you have proposed and change ‘show to visitors’ to ‘show to members’ this will not produce the same result at all. Surely we need to have a category which means ‘show to everyone’ and that’s the way ‘show to visitors’ appears to work for me at present. I have a feeling that I have misunderstood something here!

Ron in France
    kiwitrees 3.3.6; PHP 7.2.17