Search
Forums
Tags

lists individuals families, advanced, order, random_media, fancy image bar, xenea, burial, googlemap, spouse, error, GDBR, mobile, help, beta, ASSO, google, REFN, message contactform, nickname, request, sidebar, 3.0.0 widgets, photo, wish, flags, add missing death, contact links, default individual, lists, kiwitrees theme, places, Support/Bug Reporting, 7.2, validation, research, charts, .mo, multiple marriages, 3.1.1, blank screem, source, bug reporting, 3.2.0, custom, upgrade, 3.0.0. setup, ID facts, dropbox. token, role edit, server, Favourites, road map, Administration, close, language, widget, clipboard, 3.0.0, reports, locked out

Kiwitrees on Twitter
    kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1715 posts

Is it possible to modify the SUBM (submitter) information in a gedcom in Kiwitrees? The submitter information in my gedcom file is out of date, and I’d like to modify it in Kiwitrees, without exporting/editing/importing the gedcom file. The SUBM tag appears as

0 @s0@ SUBM

in the gedcom file, but this “source” does not appear in the list of sources, so how does one edit it?
    James

I did add a partial solution to this a couple of years ago, but it seems it is no longer working correctly. To see what I mean, type “SUBM” (no quotes) in the general “Search” field in your site’s header/menu area. You should see the submitter record returned on screen. It should be editable but currently isn’t.

Now replace the file kiwitrees/gedrecord.php with the one from the zip folder attached below here and try the same again. Hopefully, you will now get a “Raw GEDCOM edit” screen where you can change the contents.

For more information about what can,/can not be included in a SUBM record have a look at the GEDCOM specification (available at https://kiwitrees.net/faqs/general-topics/gedcom-specification/ ) on page 28.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info