Search
Forums
Tags

SUBM, custom, .mo, widget, place, data errors, notes, ID facts, abbreviate, privacy, formatting, nickname, album, style, add, NCHI, validation, 1939 Register, GDBR, DIV, multiple marriages, custom modules, roadmap, admin, translation, kiwitrees 2.0.2, logs, charts, contact links, prison, fancy image bar, IE11, spam, sanity checker, married, immigration, custom text, sanity, media, My Page, bug sql error, zend, danish, shared note, json, version, MYSQL, links, individual resource, backup, server, tree, Batch Updates, 3.0.0 widgets, sidebar, margin, event, github, 2.0, Fancy imagebar

Kiwitrees on Twitter
    kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1704 posts

… and for the advice about enabling modules, etc. I think I used to be familiar with this stuff, but I’d forgotten how everything worked. I couldn’t find a tutorial on this subject.

It’s on my “to do” list 🙂

I can now configure most features I need, but one thing escapes me. I used to have two sets of “Pages”, one for a list of “What’s New” items, and one for “Links to related web sites”. However, I don’t see how to have two instances of ‘Pages”

• Duplicate the folder kiwitrees/modules_v4/pages, giving it a new name.
    • In the module.php file of the new folder, change the reference near the top of the code (can’t give you the exact line number just now) to “pages_KT_Module…..” substituting “pages” with your new folders exact name.
    • In the same file you can optionally change the title and description, which can help when administering the second item later.
    • Visit Administration > Modules > Manage modules to enable the new module, them set access levels, position etc.
    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info