Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

events of close relatives, hover, 3.1.1, style, age, Export/Import, relationships, pop-ups, bug, custom modules, blocks, children, GEDCOM errors, married, fact, access level, .mo, formatting, CHR, simpl_pages, set link, future, data errors, clippings cart, add missing death, beta, shared note, lists individuals families, not married, family, .po, roadmap, release, request, widget, merge, php 5.6, repo, backup, media, duplicates, birth, googlemaps, flags, 1939 Register, 7.2, husband, add, custom, button, Require visitor authentication, json, advent, kiwitrees 2.0.2, default individual, title, edit interface, MYSQL, save settings, sanity

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1636 posts

There is possibly a lot to add. But the loop you are looking for is the code in functions_edit.php following this comment (about line 2436)

// List of tags we would expect at the next level
    	// NB insert_missing_subtags() already takes care of the simple cases
    	// where a level 1 tag is missing a level 2 tag.  Here we only need to
    	// handle the more complicated cases.

Further down (about line 2528) you will see a reference to KT_Gedcom_Code_Temp::isTagLDS($level1type). You will need similar code for your changes.

But you will also need to make additions to the file /includes/config_data.php

(Note – I can’t test what you are doing so can not say if this is everything. You may well need much more. The following tip should help though.)

Tip:
    Use a quality text editor that has the ability to search globally, through the entire kiwitrees code. Then you can take a function like “isTagLDS”, or a specific tag like “SLDC” and find all it’s use locations quickly and easily. Then you know what you need to do for your new code. I recommend either “atom” (https://atom.io/) or “sublime” (https://www.sublimetext.com/). I use both.

I probably do not need to remind you of this, but just in case:
    Remember that all changes to the core code will need to be done over again after every kiwitrees upgrade, as that will over-write the standard files. That means repeating your changes somewhere between 5 and 8 times each year.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info