Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

advanced, husband, dates, Extra menus, REFN, BAPM, kiwitrees 2.0.2, married, Administration, add_asso_facts, NCHI, zend, backup, person, menus, album, simpl_grey, Favourites, fatal error, descendants, menu, search, lists individuals families, permissions, themes, marriage, blocks, blank screem, release, custom modules, time, Default record, contacts, 3.1.1, MAC, access roles, logout, validation, statistics, index, age, googlemap. modified, configure, prison, redirect, datatables, margin, tree, mystyle, webtrees 1.4.4.1, autocomplete, research, danish, 3.2.3, 7.0, 3.0.0, getClientIp, Advanced search, updates, request

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1643 posts

Just another thought regarding what you are doing. As mentioned, privacy checks are an important issue. The complications of code and the additional resource needed to calculate the results are the reason I generally keep such checks out of the “public” or “member” areas such as indi page, it’s tabs, sidebar etc.

Instead, kiwitrees has a suite of “check” tools in the admin area to help with bulk checking for such issues (and many many more). These have the huge advantage that the viewers’ credentials have already been checked. You must be an administrator to see them, so no further privacy checks are required. I’m referring to the various tools in Administration > Family Tree Tools, such as “Sanity checks”, “Missing data” and others. As a newcomer to kiwitrees, you might not be aware they exist.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info