Search
Forums
Tags

edit, logout, My Page, survey, installation, upload, session, github, wish, gender change, GEDCOM, last change date, zoom, merge, formatting, Favourites, .mo, pdf, descendant, html, DSGVO, configure, administration pages, FAQ, 3.0.0. setup, error, 2.0, simpl_research, calendar, support, drag, Advanced search, styles, BURI, immigration, 3.0.0 widgets, language, 7.2, cousins, library, translate, CHR, logs, 3.2.0, links, Histo, server, relationships, sidebar, PHP, watermark, Support/Bug Reporting, 3.3.1, SUBM, husband, BAPM, notes, internal messaging, getClientIp, fatal error

Kiwitrees on Twitter
    macalter
    macalter
    Participant

466 posts

Sounds like you did things in the wrong order.

You should run setup first. That creates a fresh database or uses an existing <span class=”gdbbx-bbcode-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”>empty</span> one).
    Then if you want to import an existing database, empty the (not delete) the newly created one before you import the old one. You can still do that now if you want.

As I had difficulty importing the tables from “theroyals”, my host did it for me using the uploaded gzip file. Therefore, don’t want to delete. If I create new dB called “royals” and run setup, how do I get the tables with all my data over? Or do I need exact name thereby deleting database, setup, ask host to re-import?

-----
    [updated: 01 Apr 2018]
    MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
    Safari  11.1;  Firefox 59.0.2

PHP 7.1 Fast CGI
    mySQL server: 5.1.56

Kiwitrees:
    "The Royals 3.3.3 (03)" <royals.rbcsolutions.ca>

"Rebbes of Ger 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

"Uncle Ummie's Journal 3.3.3 (03)" <private>